Sunday, January 31, 2010

Say WHAT?

When you’re in an industry that involves working with a variety of people, it’s pretty much guaranteed that you’re going to run into a few idiots. This section contains a sampling of, as the title infers, stupid things that clients, or prospective clients, have said to me.



“For $400, you said I get six hours of shooting with you and your assistant. Do I get a CD of images with that?”

“Since we’re not getting married any more, can I use our retainer fee toward a different purchase?”

“My family members want to take photos as kind of ‘backup photographers.’ That’s ok, right?”

“ We have decided to go with someone else. I found out over Christmas that my mom's relative actually does photography. You can't beat a family deal.”

“There will be friends of mine who are photographers that will take pics for fun.”

“You said that you were going to contact me, so I didn’t call you when we cancelled our wedding a few months ago.”



As an added bonus, a "less stupid and way more weird thing" a bride once told me.


"One of our best friends was murdered a couple of years ago and my fiance's brother was just charged with killing him. He's not very close with his family. I don't think they'll be at the wedding."


No comments:

Post a Comment